Friday, February 12, 2010

Lenten Soup Supper and Stations of the Cross




Our Lenten Soup Supper and Stations of the Cross is coming up on Friday, February 26, from 6:30-8:30pm.

This is part of Catechetical Ministry and I expect all families to participate. Please email to let me know if you can bring a "meatless" soup or bread to share.

Even if you cannot bring anything, I really want all children in CM to attend with their parents.

The Stations of the Cross will be lead by our students.

Station 1: Pontius Pilate- Michael Machado
Station 2: Barabbus- open
Station 3: King Herod-Jason Panelli
Station 4: Mary, Mother of Jesus-Cassandra Moreno
Station 5: Simon of Cyrene-Jeremy Panelli
Station 6: Veronica-Sara Machado
Station 7: Caiaphas-Daniel Machado
Station 8: a Woman of Jerusalem-open
Station 9: Longinus, a soldier-Thomas DiLeo
Station 10: Thief who was not sorry-open
Station 11: Dismas, the sorry thief-Augustin Tapia
Station 12: Mary Magdalene-Megan Lavond
Station 13: Salome-Ally Dagdagan
Station 14: Nicodemas-Jackson Lennon

Most students have received their scripts. If you have not received your script, let me know and I will email it to you. Please arrive by 6pm the day of so we can go over your speaking part and set you up with a costume/prop. If your plans change and you cannot commit to being in the stations, please let me know in advance so I can reassign your part. sscott@dsj.org

If you have an idea for a costume/prop for them, if you have something at home, like a garland, play sword, crown, veil, cloth, etc. Let me know, it makes it fun when the kids take ownership for their costume/prop. Just one simple item that represents the character is all that is needed. I can get things if you draw a complete blank.